Tuesday, December 28, 2010

NEW YEAR--NEW PAGE.......

Its that timeof the year again for making new resolutions .  Are you ready?

What is the defination of 'Resolution'?

According to the Cambridge Dictionary, a New Year's resolution is a promise a person makes to either start doing something good or stop doing something bad.  The change in behaviour is to begin on January 1 of a given year.

However, some historians believe New Year's resulutions originated with the King Janus of Rome, a mythical monarch who had a face in the front and back of his head, enabling him to see forward and backward in time.    

I  have compiled my own personal and business resolution for the year 2011.  Some of my resolutions include reading the entire Bible from January 1st to December 31st, 2011.  I also intend keeping my daily "To Do List" WITHOUT FAIL.  Its a resolution I started mid year in 2010 and it has, within these six months, proved to be very helpful, empowering and provided the much needed clarity.  In other words, it has enabled me to be in total charge of my daily tasks.  I have been able to evaluate my list at the end of each day.  Its not like I didn't know the importance of keeping a daily list of To Do Things, the main problem has been failure to implement my own list.
The late Jim Rohn, who was a Business Philosopher , used to say,  "We've heard the expression, An apple a day keeps the doctor away. 'Well, I've got a good question for you:  What if it's true?  Wouldn't that be easy to do- to eat an apple a day?  Here's the problem:  IT's also easy not to do."

I encourage readers to take time to make and write resolutions for the year.  Resolutions work--.  Did you know that, 40-45% of people make resolutions each year?  The most common and popular resolutions are weight loss, going to the gym and giving up smoking.   Its reported that of these who make resolutions, 75% are faithful for a week, 64% maintain it for a month and about 46% go beyond six months, which means half
implement their resolutions for more than six months.

The above observation is indeed encouraging and inspite of some failing to implement own resolutions, research shows that making annual resolutions is challenging and useful.  In actual fact you are ten times more likely to  attain your goals if you make that resolution than if you don't.  That said, dont you think it is better to have annual goals than not having them.  Life is what you make it, go ahead and make plans for the coming year, and see what will happen.  Forget past failures, open a new page and make up your mind to write and follow through your resolution.

I challenge you to act now, act today for your sake.

God bless you and yours.

Howard Mahere
http://www.persistsite.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment