Friday, October 21, 2011

Memorable quotes

 

It is not often that one comes across a life changing quote. I have always been a great lover of good quotes because they inspire, encourage and comfort, depending on the situation you find yourself in. I hope you will find the following quotes inspiring and helpful:
“I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creative, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” Ettiene De Grellet 1773-1855
“Only one life ’twill soon be past. Only what’s done for Christ will last. ” Unknown
“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Men are anxious to improve their circumstances, but are unwilling to improve themselves. They therefore remain bound.” James Allen- “As A Man Thinketh” book.
“They envy the distinction I have won; let them therefore, envy my toils, my honesty, and the methods by which I gained it.” Sallust, 86BC – 34BC
“This is the true join in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy. George Bernard Shaw, 1856 – 1950
“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” Aristotle
“At the end of each day, you should play back the tapes of your performance. The results should either applaud you or prod you.” Jim Rohn
All the best
Howard Mahere

No comments:

Post a Comment